Music Karaoke is an ideal service for all music lovers. It is innovative and entertaining service which offers aspiring singers an ideal platform, where the amateur singers can record their own songs/albums along with or without exclusive piece of the music and showcase their talent to the world. The service allows the users to record song in their own voice and gets score based on performance. This innovative application helps the users to improve singing based on the score
Features on Robi Karaoke IVR 808080:
How to START and STOP 808080 IVR:
- Record& Personalize: Users can record songs as per their choice. They can personalize their recordings by recording song with the music playing in the background from the instrumental pieces available in the library.
- Create Personal Albums: The Users can record and create albums. They can also share recorded albums by sharing Song ID’s
- Share with Friends(s): The service allows the users to share their/others recorded songs with friends. The user needs to enter the number user wants to share the recording with. SMS will be sent to all the entered numbers providing them the direct multi-modal number to directly listen to the shared song.
- Dedicate: The service allows the users to dedicate recorded songs with friends & family along with the personalized message. User just need to record the message & enter the mobile number User want to dedicate. An out-bound dialer will be generated to the numbers entered & plays the dedicated song & the message.
Type keyword and send to 808080
** 5% Supplementary Duty (SD), 15 % VAT on tariff inclusive of SD and 1% surcharge on base tariff will be applicable.
Subscription Charge for App: Subscription charge will be available for App (App-after 16th June, 2017)
Features Robi Karaoke App:
App offers all the users an audio/video module that allows them to record and share content with their friends and family. All users’ recordings will be available in a common place to make it public for all App users, To download the app click https://goo.gl/o9rKC3
App features for other categories:
- Display lyrics with scrolling feature (Manuel)
- Video recording of HAMD - NAAT
- Audio recording of HAMD - NAAT
- Tutorial (How to record Hamd - Naat) feature for 1st time users
- Save to ‘My recording’
- Upload on public place
- Share clip with friends and family
- No background music with lyrics
- Subscribers will be able to record 5 songs, 18 songs, 38 songs and 75 songs for the given packs respectively. (Unused songs are nontransferable and will expire with pack’s validity).
- Audio video Karaoke singing
- Live Scoring
- Lyrics sync with songs
- Share your singing scores with your friends
- Set Ringtone
How to install the app : Go to Google play store and download “Robi Karaoke App”
Subscription charge : FREE for 30 days (17th May-16th June, 2017) and data charge (Wi-Fi or mobile internet) will be applicable
Subscription Charge for IVR: Subscription charge will be available for IVR
MORE INFO: Type HELP send to 808080
Important points in scoring after recording on IVR for usual songs:
- If customer sings where he is not supposed to sing, he gets minimal score in that portion. E.g. If a customer sings at a point where only music is expected, he will get minimal score in that portion.
- We want users to sing more and more. Hence, as the user sings more length, he gets bonus points too. Thus if a customer sings less than 30% of song length, no bonus. If user sings 30% to75% user will get get
s 1 point bonus and if user sings more than 75%, user gets 1.5 points in bonus. This is customizable by administrator. This logic has helped us clinging to the service for longer duration.
- For every 10 ms, values are compared with reference. The deviation is individually scored for volume, tempo and pitch. Individual scores for volume, tempo and pitch are calculated and then averaged (weighted). This gives final score rounded to nearest integer, to which bonus are added providing us the total final score.
- The module does not account for word match. That means, if instead of “I LOVE YOU” someone sings “I HATE YOU”, the module does not understand. It simply looks at audio parameters and not the words.
- Use of Pilot track: Pilot track is the track which a user listens and sings along the track. In the Pilot, there is a guide which tells user when to start singing. Example- user will hear 4-3-2-1. The moment user hears 1, user shall start singing. This helps singer to catch with the track and sing better.
- The score of the singer can be announced on IVR, as it is instantaneous.
- It may be noted that, the scoring is objective and is based on mathematical calculations. It does not account for emotions coming out of voice or the meaning of words. Hence, at times singer may think that he has sung bad or good and his score does not reflect that. He might forget that he has actually erred in singing i.e. he sang where he is not supposed to. Also, if he sings from a noisy place, that can affect the score.
As an introductory offer, we will launch Karaoke application with contest feature. Initially, application and participation to contest would be FREE for first 30 days from the launch. The contest will only be applicable on Islamic devotional categories called HAMD-NAAT, wherein to participate in this contest user just have to record their video with Hamd-Naat. There will not be any background music on Hamd - Naat. At the end of the contest, three best recordings/clips will be announced as winners of the contest and shall be gratified with some valuable items. During the promotional period, user will be able to record hamd/naat/tilawat without any additional tariff on APP (For IVR, subscription will be applicable). Duration of each singing sample will need to be minimum 1 min to time, based on selected track length.
About categories HAMD - NAAT:
Naat refers to poetry in praise of Allah's Prophet Muhammad. People who recite Naat are known as Naat khawan or sana'a-khua'an. Exclusive "praise to Allah" and Allah alone is called Hamd.
Content moderation is an important part of APP and IVR, which will help service-provider to avoid the submission of any objectionable content on Application. All new recorded clips (UGC) have to go through a pre-defined content moderation process, which will be handled by Spice team with in 24hrs of clip submission.
Winner selection process:
Winners will be selected and evaluated by Moderator judge based on
- voice control
- Pronunciation etc
Best 3 winners will be gratified.
End of contest, total 3 winners will be awarded with following gratification, winners has to be active on Robi Karaoke:
1st position holder will get 100K tk
2nd position winner will get 25K tk
3rd Position winner will get 25K tk
Contest Terms & Condition:
1.1 The Contest is open for active pre-paid as well as post-paid category of cellular subscribers of Robi only. For the sake of clarity, a “Subscriber /Participant” (the “Subscriber”) for the purpose of this Contest shall mean and include an individual/person, who is the rightful owner/user of the Pre-paid or Post-paid mobile connection of Robi, and in whose name the mobile connection is active and registered as per the records maintained by Robi Axiata Limited (and which shall be conclusive).
1.2. The employees of Robi
&, SDBL and their group companies affiliate or associate companies; are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
1.3. Any postpaid Subscriber with any outstanding amount as dues against the monthly bills generated by Robi, shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest.
1.4. In order to be eligible for this Contest, a Subscriber/Participant must fulfill the following criteria-
- He/ She should be above 18 years of age.
- He/ She must be citizen of Bangladesh.
- He/ She must not have any criminal record nor should be of an unsound mind.
- He/ She must not be restrained by any law of the land (e.g. - any court order(s) etc.).
This Contest is meant for voluntary participation by the existing and new subscribers of Robi, purely on a “best effort” basis. Moreover, this Contest is Effort based Contest wherein each Participant has to Record the Hamd or Naat or Quran Tilawat in his/her own voice
a. To participate in this Contest, a Subscriber/Participant shall have to do the following –
- Dial short code 808080 (Toll-Free) or download karaoke app and register himself/herself as the Participant for the Contest. Post the registration as subscriber of the Service, a Participant by dialing the short code/on app registration (After free period on APP) and subject to payment of the subscription charges (mentioned in sub-clause 3.2.), shall become eligible for participating in this Contest and have the chances to become winner of the Gratifications (as mentioned in clause 4).
- Selection of Highest Scorer/ Winner: A Participant, who record recording during the entire Contest Period, shall qualify/ become eligible to be selected and be entitled for gratification on basis best recordings shortlisted by Robi & SDBL. In-case, any user among first 3 winners are not reachable, Spice will connect from rest users and declare them as winner of the contest. It is also specifically agreed by the Participants / Subscribers that the decision of SDBL and/or Robi with regards to the Contest including the process for selection of the Highest Scorers/ Winners shall be final and binding upon them and agree not to dispute, or seek any clarification for the same from either SDBL or Robi or both.
- It is understood and agreed by the Subscribers that mere participation to this Contest during the Contest Period, does not entitle the Subscriber/s to claim the Gratification. He /she should be a selected Winner by SDBL/Robi, to claim the Gratification) mentioned above.
- It is understood and agreed by the Participants that a selected as best participant or Winner shall have to be the rightful owner of the particular mobile phone number/ connection, registered as per the records maintained by Robi Axiata Limited (and which shall be conclusive). If a selected Highest Consumer is not able to provide sufficient evidence to show that he/she is the rightful owner/user of the particular mobile connection, Robi reserves the right to award the Gratification to the next eligible participant.
- By participating in the Contest, the Subscriber hereby further understands and agrees that SDBL shall at its sole discretion be responsible for inter-alia the selection of the Winners and delivery of the Gratification at the mentioned venue of the choice of Robi & SDBL. The decision of SDBL in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Subscriber.
- The Winners shall be intimated through Call/SMS.. The date and time of selection of Winner shall be within 30 working days from the date of the closure of the Contest.
- The Participants including the Winner understand and agree that acceptance of the Gratification by the Winner, constitutes grant of permission to Robi as well as SDBL and its affiliates, to click photographs of the Winner and use the Winner names, photocopy, preferences (likes and dislikes), voice and comments for adverting and promotional purposes in any media worldwide, only for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever to the Participants. The Subscribers including the Winners, hereby understands and gives his/ her irrevocable consent for sharing /submission of his/her personal information with SDBL.
- SDBL /Robi does not guarantee the quality of the goods/ services being Contested as Gratification nor is liable/ responsible for any defect or deficiency of goods or services so obtained/availed, by the subscribers under this Contest. SDBL /Robi is also not liable for any defect/ deficiency in the Gratification so Contested to Winners under this Contest.
- The Participants including the Winner understand and agree that the Gratification under the Contest is neither assignable nor transferable under any circumstances. The Gratification shall be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be applicable to specific Gratification and shall have to be duly complied with by the Winner.
- The Winner, must claim within thirty (30) working days from the date of intimation along with the documents specified herein below. In case the Winner do not claim the Gratification with the above said period, then SDBL shall have the right to declare the next participant of this Contest as Winner and accordingly the Gratification will then be given to the such next participant.
- The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the Winners include the following-
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- NID Card (subject to the issuance by the competent statutory authority) and
*(the document list is only inclusive and not exhaustive and can change as per the requirements of Law)
- The Gratification to the Winner shall be given subject to compliance with all applicable processes /formalities in connection with the Gratification and on production all such documents/papers mentioned in clause 13 of this T&C and as required by Robi/ SDBL before accepting the delivery of the Gratification. Any failure on the part of the Winner to comply with directions issued by Robi/ SDBL for claim of Gratification shall entitle Robi/ SDBL to forfeit the Gratification
- The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold Robi/ SDBL and/or or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents etc., be responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses that a Subscriber may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of the present Contest
- The Winner shall be solely responsible for any other expenses, loss or damages related to the acceptance/use of the Contest or participation in the Contest. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable on the Gratification, shall be borne by the Winner. The Winner shall be required to submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the Gratification (on the value of Gratification) (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the Gratification. SDBL will be provided the Winner an appropriate TDS certificate in respect of the amount of tax so deposited for claiming the Gratification.
- The Participants including the selected Winner understand and agree that Robi/SDBL shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, or for any personal loss or injury that may be suffered (including loss of life), to a Subscriber and/or any third party, directly or indirectly, for use of service and participating in this Contest.
- This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. for any act of God or for any circumstance/s beyond the reasonable control of Robi/ SDBL. In case of force majeure conditions, SDBL/ Robi disclaims any liability whatsoever manner, either for the Contest or for the Gratification.
- The Contest is valid subject to compliance with all formalities as required by Robi/ SDBL. Any failure on the part of the subscriber to comply with the specified formalities shall disqualify the Participant.
- The decision of Robi and SDBL in respect of all transactions under this Contest shall be final and binding. Robi and SDBL reserve the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this Contest or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria at its sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the participant.
- The Participant hereby understands and gives his/ her irrevocable consent for personal information relating to the participant to be exchanged with Robi, SDBL and its vendors or published and/or communicated to/in any media that it may deem fit, and Robi, SDBL or its Vendors may, at their sole discretion choose to publish or disclose the name(s), phone number(s), score(s) and/or photographs of all Contest, if required, and specifically, of selected Winners.
- The Participant / Subscribers acknowledge and agree that all copyright and trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the SMS content/website and all material or content related to the Contest shall remain, at all times, owned by SDBL/ Robi / their respective owners. All material and content contained in this website is made available for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material/ content on this website and/ or any information disseminated by SMS or any other means of communication is strictly prohibited.
- The Terms & Conditions are subject to laws of Bangladesh and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at Dhaka.
- Terms available https://www.robi.com.bd/vas/general-vas-specific-terms-and-conditions will also be applicable for this contest