Robi and a2i engage the youth in fighting Corona pandemic through “Idea for goodness” campaign

Dhaka, 19 April 2020: Robi and ICT Division’s Aspire to Innovate (a2i) program have teamed up to create a platform named “Idea for goodness”, for the youth to share their innovative ideas for dealing with the ongoing Corona pandemic situation in the country.

The ideas can be based on medical solution, technological innovation or social mobilization- anything that will benefit the people of the country in this Corona pandemic situation. Along with Robi and a2i, UNDP, ICT Division’s Startup Bangladesh, Bangladesh Scouts, Bangladesh Brand Forum, iLab, Samakal, Dhaka Tribune, Bangla Tribune and Colours FM radio will be partnering in this initiative.

Unlike typical idea contests, this contest will involve the winning idea contributors to have opportunity to work with a2i and Robi officials to implement his/her idea to make a difference in the fight against Corona virus in the country. Besides, the winners of the competition will receive certificates and grand prizes. The winners’ contribution will also be hailed through various Government channels as well as in the media.

Idea submission process is completely digital. So, the youth do not even have to venture out of their homes to submit their idea. They just need to record a video of their idea (maximum three minutes duration), then post the video in their respective Facebook / YouTube/ Twitter platform with the hashtags: #Ideaforgoodness #Rob #a2i. The video must be made “public” for all audience and authorities to view. There will be 3 rounds, each round being 7 days long from the date of announcement. Further details will be available on Robi’s Facebook page: and website:

The participant then has to submit the link, along with name and contact number through Robi messenger chatbot under the “Idea for goodness” tab. Youth using any mobile operator’s service can participate in the campaign. Participants have to be within 18 to 35 years age bracket. The participants’ submitted ideas should be authentic and original and not plagiarized/copied from any other sources.

Participants will be held responsible for any claims in relation to their ideas, and furthermore, any plagiarizing will lead to automatic disqualification from the competition. Each round will be 7 days long from the date of announcement, with three rounds in total. These dates may be subject to external conditions and change. The first round has started from 17 April and will end on 23rd April, the second round will open from 26th April and end on 2nd May and the third round will start from 4th May and continue till 10th May. Submissions will not be entertained if they are not made in line with the campaign timelines.

The digital engagement on the participants’ social media post will carry 40% mark and the rest 60% will come from a panel of expert judges. The expert judges’ panel will score the ideas based on their relevance, ease of implementation, originality, impact and digital integration.

Commenting on this time-befitting campaign, Robi’s Managing Director and CEO, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed said: “Our youth has never failed us in the moments of national crisis. That’s why we have decided to reach out to our youth to show us the pathway out of the current pandemic situation. We are confident that with their unique and innovative ideas, the nation will be able to overcome the ongoing crisis. We are grateful to ICT Division, a2i and all other partnering organizations for joining their forces for this crucial initiative. Over to you, our youth, the nation awaits your lead.”